Our main servers are located in Beauharnois, Canada with custom water-cooled servers, powered by Hydroelectricity. The property has over 1,000,000 square feet of rentable space and boasts significant electrical and HVAC infrastructure as well as robust telecom access critical to enterprise data center tenants.
To guarantee the maximum redundancy and availability of your server internet connection, all links are at least doubled at every routing point.
The data center offers complete redundancy in power, HVAC, network connectivity, and security. Beauharnois data center facilities sit atop multiple power grids, with full UPS battery backup power and diesel generators onsite with a network that is supplied by several separate networks including, Level(3), NTT, Tinet, and nLayer. Dozens more third party backbone providers are available in the facilities via cross connect, such as Verizon, Global Crossing, Abovenet, Qwest, XO Communication, Sprint, and Cogent. The fiber provided to the Canadian data center is also provided over redundant paths, with diverse entry points and building riser. The data center facilities have been built to meet the high demands and reliability of telecommunications providers and Fortune 500 companies and have achieved SAS70 / SSAE16 compliance.
- The fiber provided to the data centers is also provided over redundant paths.
- Available Networks: Abovenet, Verizon, Qwest, Level3, BT, CME, ICE, and over 100 other networks.
- Internal Cabling: Cat6/6e for 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Single-Mode and Multi-Mode Fiber, Overhead Cable Trays
Our network utilizes routing and switching products from Brocade, Cisco Systems, and Juniper Networks, the leaders in the industry. We utilize redundant Brocade MLXe routers as our core routers/switches, Cisco 6500 and Juniper EX8200 (depending on location) switches in our distribution layer, and Cisco 2960 and Juniper EX2200 switches in our aggregation/customer layer. Additional network equipment includes an InterNAP FCP to optimize overall network routing and performance, assuring the lowest latency and jitter to sustain high frequency trading, voice services, and game server providers. In addition, redundant 10 Gigabit Ethernet circuits are used across the entire core of the network to reduce the risks of internal congestion due to DDoS attacks and to maintain optimal flexibility.
Maximum physical security
- All our data center suites are strictly for our own usage - servers can only be physically accessed by authorized employees
- Access restricted by security badge control system, video surveillance and security personnel 24/7 on-site
- Rooms fitted with smoke detection systems
- Technicians on site 24/7
High availability infrastructure
- Systematic double power supply
- 250 kVA per UPS device
- Generators with an initial autonomy of 48 hrs
- Minimum of 2 network connections to and within the data center, 2 network rooms capable of taking over from one another
Record ecological achievements
- 98% of our hosting rooms are free from air conditioning
- The Water cooling enables 70% of heat emitted by the processors to be dispersed
- Air cooling evacuates the remaining 30%
- Energy costs halved
- PUE of between 1 and 1.2: constant reduction of data center energy consumption